Our services include:
–NEW! Immune Function Four Rivers Kennel’s cutting-edge immunology and mammalian cell culture laboratory has been specifically designed for assaying, quantifying, and profiling an array of immune signaling, membrane permeation, and proliferative response. Our trained cell culture technicians can evaluate and measure contrasting immune responses to stimuli in vitro, minimizing in vivo risk to the research canine. Our cell culture and immunology lab is equipped with liquid nitrogen cryopreservation storage for your long-term or short-term focus on finite or continuous cell lines of interest. Multiparametric flow cytometry, utilizing the newest laser technology, allows our laboratory to collect a wide range of immunological data simultaneously for accurate and complete analyses. The average cost of this work is typically quoted on a per project basis as research needs tend to vary.
– Canine Performance Nutrition. Performance and exercise based canine nutrition is our emphasis and we strive for accuracy and sound results. We have the ability to free run our dogs for prescribed distances on our large acreage. We are able to run trials on performance, weight loss, mobility, etc. Available on-site equipment for performance evaluation includes a DXA body composition scanner for monitoring changes in lean and fat mass, Actical accelerometer and Garmin GPS collars for monitoring activity output, and Gait4Dogs pressure walkway for gait analysis, among much more!
– AAFCO Trials: We provide testing for AAFCO adult canine maintenance and digestibility trials.
– Palatability: Think Labradors will eat whatever is put in front of them? Think again! Our hand-picked and accuracy tested panel of palatability dogs are guaranteed to help you determine the tastiest kibble or palatant. Have your kibble taste tested by the most popular breed in the United States!
– Stool Quality: One of the biggest concerns among pet owners is the quality of their dogs stool. How does your food stack up? At Four Rivers Kennel we have developed special protocols to compare stool quality between diets.
– Treat/Toy Testing: Chew time, palatability, and field testing are just some of the things we can look at when testing treats or toys.
Please feel free to contact us with any projects outside the services listed above. We would be happy to provide any additional information, price quotes, or a custom protocol based on your needs.
Our state of the art facility includes specialized equipment to help meet our clients’ needs. Tours of our facility are available by appointment.
GE Lunar DEXA Scanner for Body Composition
High Performance Dog Treadmill and Oxymax Calorimetry Machine
Cell Culture Lab